Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Story (The Bride)

From the Point of View of the Bride

In August of 2008, my stake decided to put on The Savior of the World and I also heard about a regional single adult Institute choir singing Gloria. I really like singing, so I decided to go, even though it meant I’d be really busy come December. But, this was August and December was a ways away, so I decided to give it a go. On the first Sunday in October, the choir decided to hold a potluck after the Sunday afternoon session of conference. I’d watched the morning session at the stake center in Centreville and the afternoon session with a friend’s family. They invited me to stay for dinner, but I wanted to go to the dinner. So another friend and I went to the dinner. We got there close to on time, so there weren’t many people there. To make my roommate and best friend proud, I decided to sit down next to a boy instead of one seat over, which would have been my normal tendency. We kind of talked on and off through the dinner and then I went home and didn’t think much of it.
The next week at practice I was exhausted and was sitting on a pew resting and waiting for my friends to finish talking so we could go home when I saw Dave standing by the refreshment table. He was nice the week before, so I walked past him to see if he’d talk to me. We ended up talking for an hour or so, me forgetting my tiredness, until one of his buddies forced him to go. I kind of thought he was interested, but he didn’t ask for my phone number or anything, so I was confused and started to think he probably wasn’t. That night though, he friended me on Facebook and I used Facebook to get him to go to a single adult activity on Saturday.
The activity was a mini-Oscar night where all the wards had submitted short films and we watched them and there was a dance afterwards. Because it was a formal activity, he volunteered to wear his dress blues. (I thought he looked really good) but, he didn’t hug me or ask for my number again. He’d spent the whole night with me, but I chalked it up to me being really the only person he knew there.
The next day at choir we talked after choir again, but still no request for a number or anything, which was really odd because he asked me out for a date on Friday. Monday, using Facebook chat, we joked about me taking him on a date, and he finally got my address on Facebook, and then actually got my number (after my address, which I find really funny). Tuesday he came over and we watched Kate&Leopold, Wednesday I went into the city for dinner with him, and Friday we had our (first) date biking around the national mall. It kind of snowballed from there, with us spending as much time as we possibly could together. We managed to visit each other every couple of months and used Skype and texting and calling as frequently as possible to keep in touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment